A. Edward Quinton, III
Since 1985, Ed Quinton's law practice has focused on the representation of Florida automobile dealers. Ed has represented some of the highest sales volume dealers in the country in franchise matters, including successful franchise termination defense and buy-sell transactions. Also, over the years, Ed has litigated a variety of commercial litigation cases for clients.
Having represented auto dealers for over 30 years, Ed has significant experience representing dealers in the following matters:
- dealer franchise law issues
- franchise disputes against auto manufacturers
- representing dealers in franchise termination challenges
- representing dealers in new point or relocation disputes
- representing dealers regarding warranty repair reimbursement / chargeback issues / audit challenges
- defending dealers in consumer litigation
- representing dealers in class action cases
- advising dealers on legal compliance issues arising from daily dealership operations, including both state and federal laws
- representing dealers regarding Attorney General investigations, including advertising issues
- representing dealers in dealership buy-sell transactions/dealership transfers
Ed has represented dealers in state and federal courts, as well as before the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles. Ed has litigated numerous administrative cases on behalf of dealers and against manufacturers before the Florida Division of Administrative Hearings on franchise issues including adverse new points or relocations. Ed has appeared before Florida legislative committees promoting pro-dealer legislation and has extensive experience handling appeals for Florida dealers before the Florida District Courts of Appeal. Ed has also represented numerous Florida dealers in arbitration proceedings.
Additionally, Ed and his firm are general counsel to the South Florida Automobile Dealers Association and Ed is a member of the legal team for the Florida Automobile Dealers Association. Ed has also advised the Tampa New Auto Dealers Association. In his role as counsel for FADA and SFADA, Ed has participated in and contributed to the drafting of current Florida franchise laws. In his work with the Dealer Associations, Ed addresses all issues which impact dealers, including pending litigation and legislative matters.
A native of Miami, Florida, Ed Quinton graduated from Duke University with an economics degree where he enjoyed playing on Duke’s baseball team.
After graduation, Ed worked as a Research Assistant for United States Senator John Heinz in Washington, D.C. He then moved back to Florida to attend the University of Florida Law School where he was on the Law Review and graduated in 1984.
After law school, Ed gained valuable trial experience while working as a law clerk for United States District Court Judge Joe Eaton. Ed is a member of the Florida Bar and is admitted to the United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida; United States District Court for the Middle District of Florida; United States Court of Appeals for the 11th Circuit, and has practiced in other courts being admitted pro hoc vice.